|Title||Delta's Orlando Flight Center Dedication Plaque|
|Collection||Whit Hawkins Collection|
|Description||Light brownish gray stone (granite?) square engraved: "NEW AIRSIDE TERMINAL / ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT / SEPTEMBER 11, 1990 / DELTA AIR LINES / GREATER ORLANDO AVIATION AUTHORITY"|
Owned by Whit Hawkins.
On October 2, 1981, Orlando International Airport (MCO) opened a new terminal with a central "landside terminal" connected by rail to two "airside terminals" and 48 gates. In 1990, MCO opened its third airside terminal with 24 more gates, known as Delta's Orlando Flight Center.
Dedication ceremonies of Delta's Orlando Flight Center, on September 11, 1990, were attended by Delta Chairman and CEO Ron Allen and Executive Vice President - Stations and Marketing Whit Hawkins.
Hawkins, W. Whitley "Whit," 1931-2017
Delta Air Lines
Orlando, Fl.--Airport (MCO)
Dedication of buildings